Thursday, March 15

Brady's Visit!

On March 5th we were greeted by our great friend Brady for some fun travels in the south island! We left from Christchurch for Lake Pukaki where we tried our hand at Freedom Camping again.  From there we definitely got our adrenaline fix in vibrant Queenstown before heading down to Milford sound for some more tenting and amazing scenery. After sleeping amongst the wildlife (a flightless bird stole our box of cupcakes and dragged it into the forest) and an off-trail hike across the boulders to a waterfall, a rainy Dunedin forced us to take it easy before our day trip back up to Christchurch.  On our travels we were joined by my work mate, Mattias, and together we took on the south of New Zealand.

As we had technically moved out of our apartment, Wells and I left immediately after Brady did for Australia and at the moment I am sitting in our hostel in Surfer's Paradise. For that reason I don't have much time to write now, but hopefully more to come.  With Brady's trip we started the second half of our NZ experience and we are now officially backpackers, vagabonds, whatever you want to call us. For that reason blog posts will most likely be more sparse and short as our internet availability will also be.

For now, it's hard to put into words how excited we were to see you, Brady.  But maybe this video of Wells bungy jumping will help capture the excitement.

[technical difficulties. I will do my best to get this live soon]

Please insert excitement where terror seems to be.

On another happy note, I finally got the see the Maoraki Boulders for myself after the have been gracing the background of my blog for almost 6 months!


No comments:

Post a Comment